Since 2007, Taj Global Understanding has built a stellar reputation working closely with INDIA to provide life experience programs for Indian students as well as inbound volunteer opportunities. TGU has emerged as a leader within India for offering immersion programs to the United States. With years of cross cultural exchange management experience and expertise, TGU is poised to expand and build strong partnerships around the world. Our Board of Directors recently adopted the following mandate for the future direction of the organization:
- Development of ESL programs in the Virginia/Washington DC sector for students from Asia.
- Development of Short Term Enrichment, Cross Cultural, Sightseeing, & Adventure programming throughout the East Coast for international school groups from around the world. Virginia will continue to serve as a primary hub due to its richness in history, geographical diversity, sites, and proximity to major destinations such as Washington DC & New York.
- Development and expansion of the Working Holiday and Summer Work programs for students from India to destinations in Europe, Canada, & Australia.
- Development of private school program opportunities to the United States and Canada.
- To transition the Volunteer Programs division to specialize and focus on working exclusively with ‘groups’ (i.e. youth groups, church groups, medical groups, scout groups) versus individual volunteerism. Group volunteer programs would be structured for a specific time period and have a defined itinerary and goals to be met.
- To further expand our support for Boy Scout Troop 1992 in Ahmedabad, India and seek grant funding to enhance the program and expand operations.